Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Working it Out

Hola

I decided to write a quick entry about my first trip to the gym in Nicaragua. My host mom started going to the gym about a month and a half ago with her friends. Every time they came back from the gym they would ask me when I was going to come. I would say oh soon, soon I am going to go. I finally gave in and thought it would be good for me to hit the gym!

Monday was my first time going to the gym with my host mom and her friends. They have a whole routine worked out and they very nicely showed me how to work the machines. It was really funny, because a lot Nicaraguans are short, so in Nicaragua I am considered tall. There were several machines that I literally couldn’t use because they were made for people who were 5’3 and below or no one knew how to adjust them because they never needed to. My host mom was like, we need to get you special machines because you are so tall. It was pretty funny but I made it work. After my first workout I felt good and I know it will make me feel more settled in here in Nicaragua and healthier. I think it will also we a great bonding experience for me and my host mom and her friends. I will feel like one of the girls and gossip haha. I successfully made a joke when we left the gym (I had to explain it twice).. We also went to the gym yesterday at 5 am! It was brutal but at the same time if felt good once I was finished. I am apart of a group now! Hahah That's what I told them when they were skeptical that I would get up at 5 am.


Nos Vemos

3 comments:

  1. i love it! you're the tall girl at the gym at 5am :). just wondering...did you go to the gym that early in the states?
    miss you mucho! i'm glad you got my package. i can't wait to talk this weekend sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh oops...that's me, adrienne above :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany and I will feel at home there with our height.

    ReplyDelete