Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pochomil






Hey There,

I don't really have much to say this week. The first three days of this week I was in a place called Pocomil. We had a training there. All the Peace Corps volunteers from my group invited all the teachers we will be working with to a conference. At the conference we talked about our cultural differences and how to work with that in a professional setting. We talked about different teaching methods and our goals for the coming school year. I was again impressed with the level of English that all of the teachers have. We were able to have in depth conversations with them in English. During the meeting we found out that school isn't going to start until February 15th when it was supposed to start at the end of January. So I still have about a month left of vacation haha. I think that the free time will start to get old soon. We also found out that because of the coming election, we will probably end school early. This should be a very interesting school year. I am going to be working with four different teachers so I am sure that will be a challenge but hopefully we can all work together. In the mean time I am just spending time with my host family and getting to know my community.

The hotel that we stayed in was called Vistamar. It was a pretty nice hotel. It was right on the beach and the food was really good. It was good to see all my friends that I hadn't seen in awhile. We all enjoyed spending time together!. Our next Peace Corps training isn't until March, so it will be awhile before I see most of them again. Well that's all I have for you. The pictures all speak for themselves! It was so beautiful and it was my first time in the pacific ocean. I took a sunrise and a sunset picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment