Tuesday, October 16, 2012

One Month Left!?



Geovannia with her new baby girl!

Afternoon Class

9th grade in the morning
 Buenas!
8th grade B

Me with Xiomara and Conny! 
The Close of Service conference we had in August went well. They gave us a lot of information to prepare us for leaving Nicaragua. I got Advanced-mid on my language test. I was very happy because I started at Novice-high (much to my surprised I thought I was at least intermediate lol). With only a month left in Peace Corps, lately I have spent a lot of my time reflecting back on the past two years. It’s been really difficult to narrow down everything that I have learned and experienced. I think that I won’t really realize the impact that Nicaragua has had on me until I get back home. A lot of people are asking me, “how do you feel”? I would say it changes from day to day. Some days I am really excited and can’t wait to get home and then other days I am sad and dreading the day when I have to say tearful goodbyes to all of the people I have met here in Nicaragua. But it’s time for a change and time for a new chapter. I am trying to take lots of picture of everything and everyone so I will always have those memories with me. The school year is winding down, as much as the kids drove me crazy they also made me laugh and I am going to miss them. Its so cute when they tell me "no se vaya teacher". Dont go teacher! I am trying to figure out how to pack up all my stuff, sell things and give things away. It’s hard! I have accumulated a lot of stuff over the past two years. Other than that my life has been consumed with studying for the GRE. I really hope I do well. My friend and I are taking it in Costa Rica because there are no more spaces left to take it here in Nicaragua. It’s kind of annoying but asi es la vida. After we finish with the GRE we are heading back to Nicaragua for a few days, going to a friend’s wedding and then heading up to Guatemala for two weeks! Exciting things to come. Also this past weekend we had a little going away party that was thrown by one of the volunteers counterparts. It was a lot of fun to see all the people who came to Nicaragua with me. It's so amazing to see how we have all changed and grown over the past two years. It is going to be weird not to see them on a regular basis. But it's good to know that I will always have people to talk to who shared this experience with and will know where I am coming from. Time is really flying by. Trying to take it all in and not miss a thing. Next time I turn around I will be back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment