Saturday, August 11, 2012

Three Months Left!


I just want to say that I only have 3 more months left in Nicaragua! What!? It’s very exciting and also very strange. When I think about going home I feel very excited and also anxious about that adjustment back into my normal life in the states. But anyway I have had a busy couple of months. I had my birthday in June. I am getting really old but I don´t want to talk about that... But it was kind of sad because I was sick the day of my birthday. Those pesky little parasites know how to get into your system and ruin a birthday. But luckily my friend Stephanie came over to cheer me up so the day wasn´t a complete bust. 
In June my friends Mary Helen and Dan came to visit me. It was so much fun. We went to the beach, did a boat cruise and they got to see where I live and how I live. It was so much fun and their visit was too short ha! After that was the Vagina Monologues. My friend Stephanie organized a showing of the Vagina Monologues in Nicaragua. I helped with the production of the show. It was really great and in Spanish! The women that were in it were all Nicaraguan and they did a great job. It was cool to be apart of it from the beginning and see how the women progressed and also formed a bond. Then right after the monologues another group of friends came. All the girls that I lived with in D.C. before I came here. It was such a great time. It was a reunion for all of us because now we all live in different cities (and countries). We also went to the beach and did the same boat tour.  They also saw my house and my town. My friends said that they liked my house but I can imagine they were very shocked when they saw the way I live. I remember someone saying “wow Kellie and I am proud of you”. Lol. But it’s just become normal to me. 
 At the end of August we have our COS (Close of Service) Conference. We are going to talk about transitioning from Peace Corps to the next step and wrapping things up. It’s something we heard about from the beginning our service. Now that it’s almost here it’s hard to believe it. I definitely feel a sense of accomplishment that I have almost completed my service. In September it will be two years in Nicaragua! 





Pictures from top bottom
1. Mary Helen, Dan and I at the Masaya Volcano. 
2. The ladies after the Vagina Monologues
3. The girls and I before getting on the boat

No comments:

Post a Comment