Monday, May 9, 2011

Central Park Inauguration





This past weekend was the inauguration of the central park in my town. When I first got here in November it was under construction. I was told by many people that the park was really beautiful before. So I was really curious to see what they would do. The finished product is really great! There are beautiful trees and a little gazebo and benches and a basketball court and a stage. Last night they had a free concert for everyone. They had tradional folklore dances and some hip hop dances which was fun to see.

I also saw a band called the Nuvevo Panzers. One of the first songs they started singing was one of my favorite songs I hear on the radio here in Nica. At first I thought omg this is the same group that sings this song, yay! Then I heard another song I knew and that’s when I put it all together. Last night I heard my first Nicaraguan cover band. They played all the popular songs that are on the radio and it was a big dance party. It was fun to watch all the people dancing, and doing salsa, merengue, and bachata. All the dances I can’t do, but want to learn. It was a nice event, to get everything in the town together to celebrate. Because of this big dance party, we don’t have school today. The mayor decided that people will need some rest today after the bacanal aka big fiesta. I took some pictures but they aren’t very good. There is also a picture of the park during the daytime(also not very good_). There is also picture of my host brother with his project. He worked really hard on it and I was impressed. It’s all the rivers in Central America.

Adios Amigos

1 comment: